By using the Web app, you are accepting the practices we describe here.
We may change this policy from time to time so please check the Web App or the website from time to time for any updates. If we make material changes in the way we use your personal information, we will notify you by posting a notice on the Web App and/or sending you an email at the email address provided at the time of registration.
PLAY ASBL , 866.525.546. Rue Nestor de Tière 35, 1030 Brussels, Belgium.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and applicable Belgian laws, PLAY, via the services, is the “Data Controller” where you are using our services.
The basis for the processing of your date
When you use the Services, you provide us with two types of information: personal information that identifies you (such as your name and email address) and non-personal information (such as information collected by google analytics) that does not identify you personally, but gives us information about your device and about your activities on our Services. This information includes your location, your device type, the date and time you access the site. We also collect and store information from your phone using “cookies.” A cookie is a small file stored on your device that is tied to information about you. For example, when you sign in to your Volume Brussels account, cookies will be used to save your phone number and name so the next time you visit your Volume Brussels account from the same computer, we will “remember” your email address and name in order to make your experience faster and simpler.
From time to time, we also may ask you some questions about yourself (such as your interests and activities, your age, etc.), so we know how to serve you better. You don’t have to answer these questions if you’d rather not.
Finally, we also may receive information about you from third parties (such as purchase history and additional demographic information), and we may allow third parties to display advertisements on our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies or “web beacons”, to collect information about people who view or interact with their advertisements on our site. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and judge their effectiveness. We do not provide any personal information about you to these third parties.
The types of personal information we collect may include:
- Contact details – including your name, email address, phone number, postal address and date of birth;
- Payment card and billing details – when you buy tickets via the Services we will require payment and billing information (such as your address and postcode) in order to handle the processing and despatch of ticket orders;
- Location data – we may collect your IP address, and if you allow us to connect to your device’s geolocation functionality, we may collect your GPS data. We will use the location data to improve personalised recommendations in the Services on what events are near you. You can turn off the App's ability to access your geolocation at any time through your device’s general or privacy settings;
- Your image or recordings – we may obtain photographs, audio or video recordings of events listed on the Services. We may reproduce and/or publish your image in the Web App, and in other promotional materials, social networking channels and other materials related to the Services;
- Your preferences – we may collect information about your purchase history, events you have viewed, attended or enquired about, any events you have joined a waiting list for, shared or invited people to attend and any feedback you may give or reviews you may submit;
- Music library (e.g. Spotify or Apple Music) – if you allow us to connect to your music library, we may collect and hold information on your musical interests in order to improve the personalised recommendations through the Services;
- Your interactions with us – for example if you send us information via email, survey, social media, customer service communications or other methods, this may be stored on our systems; and
- Technical information – when you use the Services, PLAY automatically receives and records information on its server logs from your browser or mobile platform, including the location, IP address, cookie information and details about the page you requested. We also collect information regarding your use of the Services, mobile device information and browser information.
Use of your personal information
As well as the purposes described above, we use the personal information we collect to :
- administer the Web App and the Services or any other purposes required in order to allow us to provide the Services;
- communicate with you via email, SMS, in-App notifications and push notifications about your purchases via the Services ;
- provide better content, services, marketing, and support to you. For example, we may need to use your information to administer your account or provide you with information in connection with any purchases or events you have expressed an interest in;
- profile individual and demographic trends of people attending or showing an interest in certain events or artists. This helps us to provide you with recommendations of similar things you might like or find interesting. We do this by making assumptions based on an analysis of the information we hold, including the events you have viewed, waiting lists you have joined, and tickets you have purchased. For example, if you purchased tickets to an event, we might show you more events of this specific genre or type, or events by similar artists.
- provide customer service, including to respond to your enquiries and fulfil any of your requests for information;
- to send you important information regarding the Services, or other technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; and
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate under applicable law, to enforce our rights or to respond to requests from law enforcement and other government authorities.
Protection; Practical Limitations
We take appropriate security measures to help safeguard this information from unauthorised access and disclosure. For example, only authorised employees are permitted to access your personal information, and they may do so only for limited reasons. We also encrypt sensitive information before it is sent from your computer to ours. We also use firewalls to help prevent unauthorised access to your personal information.
We take precautions to ensure the security of your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee that hackers or unauthorised personnel may not gain access to your personal information despite our efforts. You should note that in using the Services, your information will travel through third party infrastructures which are not under our control.
You should always take great care in handling and disclosing your personal information. For example, avoid sending personal information through insecure email.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
PLAY will not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others without your consent. PLAY may share non-personal information regarding our visitors with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. PLAY may use third party service Partners to help operate the Services or administer activities on our behalf. PLAY may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes. PLAY shares your personal information with venues and performers who may in turn potentially share your information with artists.
If we have your express consent, PLAY may share your personal information that it collects with business partners, and other third parties that are not affiliated with PLAY. Note that if you sign up for service from one of our affiliates, we may ask for your consent to share with such third party partner certain of your personal information. PLAY is not responsible for the acts of such partners.
We may transfer any and all information that we collect from users of the services to a PLAY affiliate or a third party in the event of any reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of PLAY’s business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
In addition, PLAY may (and you authorise PLAY to) share your personal information with third parties:
- if PLAY determines that it is required to do so by law or to comply with legal process;
- to respond to a request from the government or another public authority;
- to prevent prohibited or illegal activities;
- to assist or support a third party’s theft investigation involving PLAY services or a third party’s theft prevention efforts relating to their products;
- to enforce our Terms of Services or any of our policies or usage guidelines for specific services;
- if it is necessary in PLAY’s opinion to do so to prevent, investigate, detect or prosecute criminal offences or attacks on the technical integrity of the services or PLay’s network;
- if it is necessary in PLAY’s opinion to do so to protect the rights, privacy, property, or safety of PLAY or its employees, PLAY affiliates, the users of its services, or the public;
- to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; or if PLAY has your consent.
If you have any questions about how a third party handles personal information, please contact that third party directly.
Access to your information
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any equivalent rules in Belgium, you are entitled to certain rights in relation to our handling of your personal data, as described below. You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you under data protection laws. If you would like a copy of the information held about you please write to us at email@example.com. If you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will correct or update any information as soon as we can.
You have the right to erasure of your data, which you can exercise by means of the deactivation of your account. We are not required to delete the information important for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or that we need to retain in order to comply with the law. You have the right of restriction of processing, where the data is wrongfully processed but should not be erased for a reason listed in Article 18 (1) of the GDPR. Until a download option has been developed based on universally recognised standards, you may exercise your right of data portability by obtaining your data by sending us an email request. If you would like to exercise these rights, please write to us or email us at email@example.com
If you close your account, you will not be able to sign in to your account or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time. If you close your account, we may still retain certain information associated with your account for analytical purposes and recordkeeping integrity, as well as to prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, enforce our terms and conditions, take actions we think are necessary to protect the integrity of the Services or to protect our users, or take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Please note that if we have already provided information about you to third parties (for example, if we’ve already sent your information to an event provider), or if you’ve given information to a third party (for example, by clicking on a website link taking you to a third party’s website, and you provided your contact information to that third party), retention of that information will be subject to those third parties’ policies. If you receive an unwanted email from a third party, you’ll have to opt-out from receiving further emails from that party itself.
Data protection officer contact details : PLAY ASBL - Rue Nestor de Tière 35, 1030 Brussels, Belgium - firstname.lastname@example.org
You can choose not to provide us with certain information. However, that may result in you not being able to use certain features of the Services because such information may be required in order to use those features. For example, in order to open a Volume Brussels account and make a purchase for a licence giving access to events, your personal information will be required.
At any time, you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails from us by going on the Services and following the instructions to “manage your email alerts.” You may modify your choices at any time in your Volume Brussels account. Also, in any commercial email we send, you will be given the opportunity to opt out of receiving such messages in the future by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email that says “unsubscribe.” It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request.
Even if you have unsubscribed from receiving promotional emails from us, we may send you other types of important e-mail communications without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. These may include, but are not limited to, customer service communications and announcements, purchase notifications and confirmations, administrative notices, and surveys.
Please note that changing information in your Volume Brussels account or opting out of receiving promotional email communications will affect only future communications from us. If we already provided your information to a third party (such as an event provider) before you changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party as well.
We may provide areas on the Services where you can post information about yourself, communicate with others, post reviews or upload content (e.g. pictures, videos, audio files, etc.). Such postings are governed by our Terms and Conditions , so be sure to review them before posting. In addition, keep in mind that postings may appear on other websites or when searches are conducted on search engines on the subject of your posting.
You must be over 18 to access the Services. If you are under 18 and over 13 then you can only use the Services with permission from your parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. Children aged 13 or older should not submit any personal information without the permission of their parents or guardians.
How to contact us
PLAY ASBL - 866.525.546
Rue Nestor de Tière 35, 1030 Brussels, Belgium